- MUST READ: 8 Tools for a Godly Wife (Founders)
“If we are to be women who build a house, then we need tools. God has given us a great amount of instruction, tools so that we might build well. I want to mention eight.”
- Toxic Masculinity (Christian Perspectives)
“The second word associated with “toxic” is masculinity. This is a result of oppressed narratives intensified exponentially by intersectionality. In this system, one’s classification determines what level they are the oppressed or the oppressor. So, if one is a White Christian male, then he is the highest level oppressor.”
- Headcovering: Practiced in the Past and Still for Today (Cloverdale First Presbyterian)
“As we all know, the woman’s hair is exceedingly important to her. So, she is to cover her glory in public worship giving all glory to God. She is not doing so for man, but for her Lord. She takes delight in giving the Lord all the glory in her worship.”
The following are a list of limited time e-book deals which are on the topic of biblical manhood and womanhood. If you don’t have a Kindle device, you can install their free reading app on your computer, phone, or tablet. Prices may vary per region.
- Ron Zappia & Jody Zappia – The Marriage Knot: 7 Choices that Keep Couples Together (Sale ends June 30)
- Jay Payleitner – 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad (Sale ends July 2)
- H. Norman Wright – How to Speak Your Spouse’s Language
- H. Norman Wright – 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged (Sale ends July 2)
- by Jim Burns & Doug Fields – The First Few Years of Marriage: 8 Ways to Strengthen Your “I Do”
- Robert Wolgemuth – The Most Important Place on Earth: What a Christian Home Looks Like and How to Build One (Sale ends June 30)
- Mark Merrill – All Pro Dad: Seven Essentials to Be a Hero to Your Kids (Sale ends June 30)
- Debra K. Fileta – Choosing Marriage: Why It Has to Start with We>Me (Sale ends July 2)
- Chimene Shipley Dupler – The High Calling of Motherhood
- Debby Thompson – The Leader’s Wife: Living with Eternal Intentionality®
If you’d like to have your picture featured here, tag #headcoveringmovement in your relevant Instagram posts (make sure your account is public). You can follow us on Instagram @headcovering.
View this post on Instagram
Re-post • @1corcovering – In my context, the counter-cultural aspect of head covering is unmistakable. Only two women in my congregation adhere to this practice – myself and a woman over 70 years of age. This symbol of humility could easily become a “distinctive,” a source of personal pride that leads to divergence with the Body rather than convergence in Christ. I struggle with the tension between downplaying this discipline for reasons above vice wanting to draw attention to discuss its larger significance. I experience this tension even in instagram; these postings are inherently attention-seeking, yet I pray that they would draw attention to Christ, the one worthy of attention who brings any tension to its perfect telos in Himself. #headcoveringmovement #headcovering #christianheadcovering #headcoverings
View this post on Instagram
Re-post • @purposed_homemaker – My favourite and most cherished time. It really is. For some reason I slept in a little longer today, but this is still so important to me.📖 I need to have my intentional, God-focused time each day. . What’s amazing is when I leave my time with the Lord, and I’m finished talking to Him, praying to Him, reading His Word or even worshipping Him at the piano, it doesn’t stop. I love how someone put it, God GOES with you through your day. You shouldn’t think that your “devotional time” is the only time He is with you or you have focus for Him.❤ . You can’t be a “30 minute Christian.” He’s with you in every aspect of your life, acknowledge that, and have Him be your go-to. He’s GOD after all!!!!🙌🙌 . My favourite Bible verse is Matthew 5:16. “Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” . In order to do that we need to be FILLED with the Holy Spirit. Nothing good can come from us, it’s only from Him as we are just sinners. There is no good from us on our own. Let yourself be lavished in His love and grace and GOODNESS, and let Him shine through you all day, every day.🙌 . . . . . #fridaythoughts #christianwifethoughts #biblicalwomanhood #matthew516 #proverbs31woman #christianlifeblogger #timewiththeLord #justalittletalkwithjesusmakesitright #filledwiththeSpirit #wifeafterGod #intentionaltimewithGod #timeinHisWord
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.