Beliefs, Purpose, and Values
Beliefs About Head Covering
We believe that 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 teaches that for Christians in every age and culture:
- Men are to keep their hair short (1 Cor. 11:14) and not wear something artificial on their head (hat, scarf, etc.) when “praying or prophesying” (1 Cor. 11:4).
- Women are to keep their hair longer than men (1 Cor. 11:15) and cover their heads with something artificial when “praying or prophesying” (1 Cor. 11:5-6).
- The husband is called to lead & love his wife, and the wife is called to submit to her husband’s loving leadership (1 Cor. 11:3, Eph. 5:22-33).
The purpose of the Head Covering Movement is:
- To initiate conversation & study of this neglected passage of Scripture (1 Cor. 11:2-16.)
- To make a strong positive case for practicing head covering today.
- To provide biblical responses to questions & objections about this practice.
- To make our site a comprehensive resource hub for people who want to study this topic.
- To provide a safe place where we can encourage one another and have fruitful discussions as an online community.
- To help remove the false stereotypes and negative associations of head covering.
- To spark a movement of theologically informed Christians who embrace this symbol with humility and grace.
The following values are really important to us and are built into the fabric of everything we do:
- Communicating our beliefs in a respectful, non-combative way.
- Responding charitably to those who disagree with us.
- Explaining contrary viewpoints accurately, as those who hold to them would want them to be communicated.
- Being faithful in Biblical exegesis and using only quality sources.
- Producing content that is beautiful and done with excellence.
- Loving the local church and keeping the Gospel central.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.