Statement of Faith
The Head Covering Movement finds its unity with other Christians not based upon our view of head covering or even the principle behind the symbol (though both are important). Our unity is tied to our understanding of who God is and what the Gospel is. On this page, we have included a presentation of the Gospel as well as an explanation of our basic theological beliefs.
“The Story” is a faithful telling of the Gospel message. You can read it here or watch it below:
STATEMENT OF FAITH
FOR THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH
The Head Covering Movement (including all associated website content, social media platforms, newsletters, and email communication) is intended for the benefit of the universal Church as a whole.
The Movement includes believers who identify themselves with various denominations or with no denomination. Likewise, you do not have to be a member of a particular denomination to be able to join the HCM Team.
Read our purpose, values, and beliefs about head covering by visiting this page.
To help provide Christian unity to the online HCM Community, we use two well-known “Statements of Faith” to outline our core doctrinal beliefs…
Ancient: The Nicene Creed (note that the word “catholic” means “universal” rather than “Roman Catholic”)
We do not promote any teaching that contradicts these Creeds, and likewise do not allow posts or comments on our social media channels that do.
Similarly, although some people within the so-called “Hebrew Roots” movement support the practice of head covering, the Head Covering Movement does not endorse the Hebrew Roots theology.
FOR THOSE SPEAKING UNDER THE BANNER OF HCM
We especially seek to maintain theological integrity and consistency among those who…
- Serve on the HCM Team
- Write a guest post(s) for HCM
- Share their head covering testimony to be published on the HCM website
We therefore require that those who wish to participate in these ways must also affirm all of the following:
- Regarding Our Organization: The HCM Purpose, Values, and Head Covering Beliefs
- Regarding Marriage & Gender Roles: The Danvers Statement on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood
- Regarding Biblical Theology: The Answers in Genesis Statement of Faith1) The Head Covering Movement is not associated with Answers in Genesis, but their statement of faith accurately represents our doctrinal convictions. We do not require endorsement of the “Origins & History” section of their statement. That section, while insightful, provides for some heavy and lengthy reading, which relates to a niche that is specific to their organization (but not to ours).