Covering the Web: Edition #2
- MUST READ: 5 Myths about Complementarianism (Crossway)
“In what follows, we’ll highlight three myths imposed onto complementarianism from the outside (i.e. by egalitarians), plus two myths sometimes perpetuated by those on the inside (i.e. complementarians themselves who mistakenly push the boundaries of God’s design, perhaps to accommodate the culture).”
- Play The Man (Desiring God)
“Therefore, Christians, of all people, need to be clear that brutality, passivity, complacency, and effeminacy miss the mark of manhood. Jesus Christ did not domineer, live disinterestedly, or act like a woman — and he is the model of God-honoring masculinity. But the inclusion of effeminacy in that list may prick some sensibilities today.”
- My Winter Style (Up North Mama)
During December 2018 I participated in the Dressember challenge. The event raises awareness for human trafficking and the sex slavery trade. To participate you are required to wear a dress for the entire month of December. Not a problem! I love dresses and had already transitioned to wearing mostly dresses (I occasionally wear a long tunic with thick leggings). Here are some of my looks from December.
The following are a list of limited time e-book deals which are on the topic of biblical manhood and womanhood. If you don’t have a Kindle device, you can install their free reading app on your computer, phone, or tablet. Prices may vary per region.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Friends and Lovers: Cultivating Companionship and Intimacy in Marriage by Joel R. Beeke
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Modesty: More Than a Change of Clothes by Martha Peace & Kent Keller
- Family Worship: In the Bible, In History, and In Your Home by Donald Whitney (on sale through March 2)
- Intentional Parenting: Family Discipleship by Design by Tad Thompson
- Do Ask, Do Tell, Let’s Talk: Why and How Christians Should Have Gay Friends by Brad Hambrick
- The Family Life of a Christian Leader by Ajith Fernando (on sale through March 2)
- A Man After God’s Own Heart by Jim George (on sale through March 31)
- A Husband After God’s Own Heart by Jim George (on sale through March 31)
- What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst (on sale through March 5)
If you’d like to have your picture featured here, tag #headcoveringmovement in your relevant Instagram posts (make sure your account is public). You can follow us on Instagram @headcovering.
View this post on Instagram
Re-post • @garlandsofgrace – Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.-Proverbs 22:6 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ This sweet little lady is all smiles as she puts her hands to her work in her #GarlandsOfGrace Liberty Floral Headwrap! ✨☺️ So precious! 💞GarlandsOfGrace.com ✨ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #christianheadcovering #headwraps #headcovering #headcoveringmovement #libertylondon
View this post on Instagram
I lay awake at night with fear! Fear for the future, fear of the past, fear of things I can not control! And it takes over! I know it’s the devil trying to pull me down! But with a heavy heart I remember God promises! His love! His redemption of little old me! That I can have eternal life because of his son! And then I pray! And pray and pray and pray! Asking God to take my fear away and to dwell in peace that only he can give! So what do you do when things try to pull you down??
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.