Covering the Web: Edition #4
- MUST READ: Must Women Really Keep Silent in the churches? (The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood)
“What happens if a husband prophesies, and his wife is a prophet as well? Is the husband supposed to be subject to his wife during the judgment of prophecies? Are husbands and wives supposed to suspend male headship during corporate worship? Paul’s answer to that question is a clear no.”
- The Wise and Industrious Wife (Ligonier Ministries)
“Every godly husband knows the value of a wise and industrious wife, so it should not be surprising to find that this is the kind of wife that God commends in His Word.”
- Humility and Obedience: My Experience with Christian Headcovering (Wholly Holy Living)
“From the moment I humbled myself before God and prayed for Him to destroy the walls of pride separating me from fellowship with Christ, I began to experience more and more desire for humility, a gentle and quiet spirit, and biblical submission to my husband as my spiritual leader.”
The following are a list of limited time e-book deals which are on the topic of biblical manhood and womanhood. If you don’t have a Kindle device, you can install their free reading app on your computer, phone, or tablet. Prices may vary per region.
- Fierce Women: The Power of a Soft Warrior (True Woman) by Kimberly Wagner (Ends May 31)
- Sex and the Single Girl by Dr. Juli Slattery, Abby Ludvigson, Chelsey Nugteren (Ends May 31)
- Passion Pursuit: What Kind of Love Are You Making? by Linda Dillow & Dr. Juli Slattery (Ends May 31)
- The Premarital Counseling Handbook by H. Norman Wright (Ends May 31)
- Conflict and Community in Corinth: Socio-rhetorical Commentary on 1 and 2 Corinthians [CULTURAL VIEW-BUT VERY HELPFUL BACKGROUND INFO] (Ends May 31)
- Hope for the Weary Mom: Let God Meet You in the Mess by Stacey Thacker & Brooke McGlothlin
- Women Mentoring Women: Ways to Start, Maintain and Expand a Biblical Women’s Ministry by Vickie Kraft & Gwynne Johnson
- Becoming God’s True Woman: …While I Still Have a Curfew (True Woman) by Mary A Kassian & Susan Hunt
- Cassie & Caleb Discover God’s Wonderful Design (Plants & Pillars Series) by Susan Hunt & Richard Hunt Jr.
If you’d like to have your picture featured here, tag #headcoveringmovement in your relevant Instagram posts (make sure your account is public). You can follow us on Instagram @headcovering.
View this post on Instagram
Re-posted • @70skirsten – Vogelpark Walsrode …one of my favourite places to pass a lovely springday. #vogelparkwalsrode #walsrode #park #birds #bloomingbush #rhododendron #bridge #hat #cap #headcovering #headcoveringmovement #ballonmütze #christianwoman #modestclothing #birdlover #niedersachsen #lowersaxony #holidaysingermany #longhair #1corinthians11 #naturelover
- Covering the Web: Edition #12 - February 26, 2020
- Covering the Web: Edition #11 - November 21, 2019
- Covering the Web: Edition #10 - November 1, 2019