Covering the Web Edition #7
- MUST READ: Biblical Complementarianism Serves to Protect Women (Delivered by Grace)
“Regardless of where you stand on the issues of the way the news media portrays the complicity of the [Southern Baptist] Convention as a whole—the fact remains that women and girls have been abused and men have abandoned their post as protector and provider.”
- Head Coverings in Worship? (Purely Presbyterian)
“Admittedly, this is a challenging passage, and an issue that not all Christians see eye to eye on. So we want to deal with objections that have come, and might come, in a way that is God honoring and charitable.”
- Male-Only Ordination is Natural: Why the Church is a Model of Reality (The Calvinist International)
“I understand that they can sound harsh, and I understand that there is a history of abusive patriarchy. I also know that there are just boneheaded ‘bros’ who have no particular ideology and are instead led about by their bellies and lower appetites. No one should be a jerk about this stuff.”
The following are a list of limited time e-book deals which are on the topic of biblical manhood and womanhood. If you don’t have a Kindle device, you can install their free reading app on your computer, phone, or tablet. Prices may vary per region.
- Gary Thomas – Devotions for a Sacred Marriage: A Year of Weekly Devotions for Couples (Sale ends July 28)
- Katie M. Reid – Made Like Martha: Good News for the Woman Who Gets Things Done (Sale ends July 28)
- Ruth Schwenk – The Better Mom Devotional: Shaping Our Hearts as We Shape Our Homes (Sale ends July 28)
- Dorothy Littell Greco – Making Marriage Beautiful (Sale ends July 30)
- Hettie Brittz – unNatural Mom: Why You Are the Perfect Mom for Your Kids (Sale ends July 30)
If you’d like to have your picture featured here, tag #headcoveringmovement in your relevant Instagram posts (make sure your account is public). You can follow us on Instagram @headcovering.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Re-post @becominghiscrown – Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God. Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering. If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God.
1 Corinthians 11:2-16 ESV
🌿 . . . . #christianheadcovering #headcoveringmovement #headcovering #biblicalwomanhood #biblicaltruth
- Covering the Web: Edition #12 - February 26, 2020
- Covering the Web: Edition #11 - November 21, 2019
- Covering the Web: Edition #10 - November 1, 2019