Beliefs, Purpose and Values
We believe that 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 teaches that for Christians in every age and culture:
- men are to keep their hair short (1 Cor 11:14) and not wear something artificial on their head (hat, scarf etc.) when “praying or prophesying” (1 Cor 11:4.)
- women are to keep their hair longer then men’s (1 Cor 11:15) and cover their head with something artificial when “praying or prophesying” (1 Cor 11:5-6.)
- that the husband is called to lead his wife and the wife is called to submit to her husband’s leadership (1 Cor 11:3, Eph 5:22-33.)
The purpose of the Head Covering Movement is:
- To stir up conversation & study of this neglected passage of Scripture (1 Corinthians 11:2-16.)
- To make a strong positive case for practicing head covering today.
- To provide biblical responses to questions and objections about this practice.
- To make our site a comprehensive resource hub for people who want to study our view on this topic.
- To provide a safe place where we can encourage one-another and have fruitful discussions as an online community.
- To help remove some of the stereotypes and negative associations with head covering.
- To spark a movement of theologically informed Christians who embrace this symbol with humility and grace.
The following values are really important to us and are built into the fabric of everything we do:
- Communicating our beliefs in a respectful, non-combative way.
- Responding charitably to those who disagree with us.
- Explaining contrary viewpoints accurately, as those who hold to them would want it communicated.
- Faithfulness in Biblical exegesis and only using quality source information.
- Producing content that is beautiful and done with excellence.
- Keeping the gospel central.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.