We’re planning a re-launch. We need a team!
The Head Covering Movement is planning to re-launch at the beginning of the new year!
However, there’s one caveat. We can’t launch without a team of content creators and curators behind us.
From 2013-2017, I (Jeremy Gardiner) was the primary author and curator of content. However, I am now in Bible school and have additional responsibilities which prohibit me from being relied upon to do as much as I did before.
As our name indicates, this website represents a growing movement of people coming together to encourage each other and spread a shared belief. So today, I am reaching out to everyone who considers themselves a part of this movement, asking you to consider helping with our re-launch.
We are assembling a team of content creators, managers and editors to help continue the work undertaken over the last few years. We believe that a greater diversity in voices will not only unite us in belief and practice, but serve to better share our beliefs with the wider church. Do you think you might be able to help? A list of possible tasks we need help with is set out below.
At the bottom of this page, you will find a form to fill out. This will tell us how you envision helping and why you’d be a good fit. If we can fill most roles in the next month or so, we will re-launch in early 2019 with consistent posting and all new content.
If you can’t help with your time, but want to give financially you can donate here. 100% of the funds will go towards the costs associated with re-launching and promoting this movement.
Here is a list of jobs we need help with:
- Editorial Board (Male and Female): These people will be responsible for determining which submitted posts get published on this site. They will edit all posts as a team, checking for grammar, consistency, tone, and accuracy.
Qualifications: Must demonstrate theological aptitude as well as experience in writing and/or editing (online or print).
- Regular Contributors (Male and Female): These people will contribute their own original content on head covering (as well as related topics taught in 1 Cor 11:2-16) in the form of articles and/or videos for posting on the HCM page. Frequency should be about once per month (though we’re flexible).
Qualifications: Demonstrated ability writing articles and/or producing video content (ex. vlogs). A regular contributor must show that they’ve published lots of content online. If you do not meet that qualification we do accept single submissions (and will consider you for a regular contributor position after we’ve published three of your writings).
- Social Media Manager (Female preferred): This person will manage our social media pages with a focus on community engagement. We desire to have an active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and potentially Pinterest. Though we prefer one person to manage all of them, we are open to multiple people being in charge of one (or more) network(s) each.
Qualifications: Must be active on social media and demonstrate the ability to craft compelling posts while engaging your audience.
Testimony Coordinator (Female only): This person will conduct interviews with those who indicate a desire to share their testimony. Ideally, they will also conduct some video interviews as well (though not a requirement).[POSITION FILLED]
Qualifications: Demonstrated writing and/or editing skills. Familiarity with WordPress preferred.
Sermon Coordinator (Male or Female): This person will be in charge of regularly listening to sermons on 1 Corinthians 11 and then identifying ones that will be helpful to share with our community.[POSITION FILLED]
Qualifications: Demonstrated theological aptitude. A desire to listen to lots of sermons on the same topic.
- Web Content Coordinator (Male or Female): One or two people will be in charge of scouring the internet to find relevant content on head covering and 1 Cor 11:2-16. Helpful content will be identified to share with our community through our social media pages.
Qualifications: Demonstrated ability at doing advanced Google searches (such as negative keywords, search by date, exact phrase match).
- Graphic Designer (Male or Female): We are in need of one graphic designer who can design quote images as well as other content for our blog and social media posts.
Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to make high-quality beautiful designs. Understands brand identity and consistency.
- Video Editor (Male or Female): This person will edit all videos for our YouTube channel & Facebook page. Additionally, If they have production skills, they would also create short explainer videos.
Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to edit and produce high-quality engaging videos.
- Publicity Manager (Male or Female): This person will form relationships with like-minded bloggers as well as publishers and media outlets. They will arrange publication of our writers work on other blogs and magazines to expand our reach. This position will also include the management of Jeremy Gardiner. Tasks related to that role might include arranging podcast interviews, speaking engagements, and the publicity related to his second (forthcoming) book.
Qualifications: Must have previous publicity experience (either for yourself or another). Can demonstrate past success in working with the press or media.
- Marketing Manager (Male or Female): This person will handle all the marketing for HCM. This will include strategizing and executing on both free and paid promotions. It will also include arranging giveaways for our readers.
Qualifications: Must have demonstrated experience in digital marketing. This will include launching promotions at strategic times and measuring the effectiveness through analaytics.
- Administrative Assistant (Male or Female): – This person will be tasked with preparing and publishing posts in WordPress. They may also schedule and publish social media content (if the Social Media Manager position is not filled). Additional tasks may include responding to reader e-mails, communicating with staff, and basic tasks such adding subtitles to videos.
Qualifications: Must have previously managed a blog/website or worked in administration before. WordPress experience is required.
- Book Translators (Male or Female): We are seeking someone to finish the Spanish and Portuguese translations of our Head Covering book. We would also love to see it translated into additional languages.
Qualifications: Must have excellent written English as well as fluency in the desired translation language.
These jobs should not be seen as exhaustive. If you have a great idea for how you can help in a way that we haven’t thought of, let us know. We’re open to promoting head covering in any way as long as it is done with excellence.
Latest posts by Jeremy Gardiner (see all)
- #HeadCoveringMotivation (#8) - June 30, 2019
- A Response to Pastor Mark Driscoll on Christian Head Covering - June 4, 2019
- #HeadCoveringMotivation (#7) - May 23, 2019